York's Chocolate Story
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
York's Chocolate Story – Tour & Tasting
Love chocolate? Then you'll love York’s Chocolate Story – an interactive chocolate experience that’s guaranteed to get your sweet tooth tingling!
Led by a professional tour guide, you’ll discover the origins of chocolate, learn about how it’s produced, and uncover some surprising secrets behind York’s greatest chocolate products, from the treasured Chocolate Orange to the world-famous KitKat.
And of course, no chocolate tour would be complete without having a cheeky taste of the produce!
Your tour takes you through these three delicious zones:
The Story Zone:
- Journey back thousands of years to the rainforests of Central America, where the power of the mighty cocoa bean was discovered by ancient tribes.
- Discover the history of York’s most famous chocolate-making families and the stories behind their finest creations!
The Factory Zone:
- Enter the virtual chocolate factory and learn how a simple cocoa bean is transformed into the finest chocolate!
- Uncover the secret of why chocolate makes us feel so good, as you watch the skilled chocolatiers creating their masterpieces.
- Get hands-on and create your very own chocolate treats at the Chocolate-Making Station
The Indulgence Zone:
Put your new knowledge into practice at the Chocolate Bar café, where you can enjoy a decadently delicious hot chocolate or ice-cream shake in a choice of irresistible flavours!
- When booking your ticket, please choose the time-frame you would prefer to visit. Your tour will be booked for sometime between this.
- We'll send you an e-ticket which will specify your exact tour time.
- If you would prefer to select a different time, please call us on 0844 873 0070.
Open daily all year round except Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s day
- York’s Chocolate Story is open daily from 10am
- The last tour of the day is 4pm or 5pm depending on the season.
- Tours are available every 15-30 minutes
- The Chocolate Cafe is open until 6pm (or earlier during special events)
This tour is led by a professional guide
York’s Chocolate Story, King’s Square, York, YO1 7LD
Please allow around 1 hour for your tour – and longer if you want to spend some time in the Chocolate Bar!
- Wheelchair access is available throughout the attraction
- The Chocolate Bar and shop also has a wheelchair accessible counter
- Guided tour of York’s Chocolate Story
- Chocolate tasting
- Admission to the Chocolate Bar
- Gratuities (optional)
York's Chocolate Story is located in the heart of York’s historic Minster Quarter - close to the Shambles and Newgate Market.
Address: King’s Square, York, YO1 7LD
- From the Shambles, York's Chocolate Story is in King's Square at the top of the Shambles - at the opposite end to the Golden Fleece and Marks and Spencer.
- From the Minster: Head down Petergate and Low Petergate, towards the Shambles. York's Chocolate Story is located in King's Square.
York’s Chocolate Story is approximately 15 minutes' walk from York Railway Station. Follow signs for the Minster then head down Petergate and Low Petergate towards the Shambles.
Buses which stop in the city centre are within walking distance of York’s Chocolate Story