Cancun’s Water Parks & Eco-Parks: Where nature designs the adventures!
Cancun and the surrounding areas are home to some of the most beautiful nature you’ve ever seen – especially its vibrant, colourful sea life – so it’s the perfect place for natural water parks!
Of all the fabulous things to do in Cancun, an eco-park is one of the most fun days out you can have, trying out loads of different outdoor activities, enjoying the hot Mexican sun and getting to see the wonderful animals, birds and sea-creatures that live here.
Many of the eco-parks and water parks in Cancun are all-inclusive, with transport from your hotel plus unlimited food, drinks and more, so there’s zero stress, just a day full of fun and adventure!
Royal Garrafon Park
Sail out to an island paradise of coral reefs and warm, azure ocean! This Natural Reef Park is a perfect place to enjoy snorkelling, kayaking and more, or just relax in a hammock surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna.
On the idyllic Isla Mujeres, just off the coast of Cancun
- Snorkel in the coral reef to see stunning, vibrant marine life
- Ride the Zip-lines from 100ft above sea level
- Kayak over the ocean waves, safely inside the park limits
- Hike to Punta Sur, the highest point in the Yucatan Peninsula, to see the ancient Mayan temple and sculpture garden
- Take in views of Cancun Bay from the freshwater infinity pool
- Enjoy the sun in the palm tree hammock garden
Yes! Advance tickets to Royal Garrafon Park include:
- Ferry transfers from Cancun
- Continental breakfast
- Open bar
- Delicious buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment, life jackets, kayaks, use of hammocks, pool, showers and lockers
This natural adventure park is filled with lush jungle, zip-line circuits and secret underground caves that are like nothing you’ve seen before! You can also visit at night when the park feels really magical, with the same all-inclusive activities, food and drinks as the day visitors.
Playa del Carmen, South of Cancun
- Zip Lines: Zoom down one of Latin America’s tallest zip-lining courses, with 14 different lines!
- Amphibious Vehicles: Drive over land and water, through jungle trails, over suspended bridges and even below ground into mysterious subterranean caverns
- Underground Rafting: Swim through the caves in ancient underground rivers or explore them by raft
- Stalactite Rivers: The natural underground rivers are filled with incredible rock formations and huge stalactites and stalagmites formed over thousands of years
Yes! Advance tickets to Xplor Park include:
- Transfers from Cancun and Mayan Riviera
- Rafting and zip-lining equipment, including helmets and life jackets
- Dressing rooms and lockers
- All-day, all-you-can-eat buffet
- Unlimited non-alcoholic and hot drinks
Xel-Ha Eco Water Park
The world’s most spectacular natural aquarium, where you can snorkel, scuba dive and even swim with dolphins. Explore ancient caves, living jungles and crystal-clear lagoons so beautiful they are said to be created by the Mayan Gods themselves!
Near Tulum, about 117km south of Cancun
- Snorkelling: The crystal clear waters are home to angelfish, parrotfish, grouper, sergeant major, a family of rays, pufferfish and barracudas!
- Bike Rides: Bikes are available for adults and children; along the peaceful cycle trail you might encounter furry friends like coatis, porcupines or agoutis
- Freshwater Grottos: Hidden deep in the jungle, you’ll see fossils on their walls and even parts of an ancient reef, which confirms the theory that this region was once covered by the ocean
- Children’s World: Little ones can have hours of fun in the wading pools, playground, water slide, rope climb, hanging games and water lilies, plus painting and drawing activities.
- Zip Lines: Soar down the six zip-lines and splash down into the water! A sliding hammock and two swings will transport you back and forth
- Rope Walks: Test your balance with the Trepachanga – walking between two ropes suspended over the river – and see who can make it across without falling in!
Yes! Advance tickets to Xel Ha Eco Water Park include:
- Transfers from Cancun and Mayan Riviera
- Meals at all four restaurants at Xel-Ha Park
- Food, snacks, soft drinks, beer, ice-cream and local alcoholic drinks
- Use of towels, snorkelling equipment, inner tubes and lockers.
- Fast-Track entry
Xcaret Eco Park
An archaeological zone and nature park, which was once a Mayan port and ceremonial centre. You can snorkel in natural pools and lagoons, watch spectacular live shows and take part in a huge range of activities!
Near Playa del Carmen, 55km south of Cancun
Attractions at this Cancun water park include:
- Lots of natural beaches
- Crystal-clear natural pools & lagoons
- Butterfly pavilion
- Swimming in the underground river
- Spectacular night-time shows
- Resident sea turtles
- Archaeological sites
- Aviary & bird breeding area
- Marine life aquarium
- Orchid garden
Transfers from Cancun and Mayan Riviera are included with advance tickets. There is also an all-inclusive ticket available which includes:
- Entry to Xcaret including the Night Show
- Rental of snorkelling equipment
- Use of towel and locker
- Use of the exclusive VIP area & facilities
- All-you-can-eat buffet
- Unlimited soft drinks, water or coffee
Guest numbers are limited at many of these parks to avoid overcrowding, so it’s essential to book your tickets in advance.
About the author
Farrah is AttractionTix’s resident Copywriter. A city girl at heart, her best-loved travel moments are exploring new cities across the world like Barcelona or Los Angeles. Farrah’s favourite things are eating, sleeping, shopping and animals (but mostly animals). Her pet hates are bad grammar and other writing-based “offences”.