Cancun - Things To Do & Attractions
All Cancun Attractions
Displaying 0-0 of 0 results
Top Things To Do in Cancun
We all know that nightlife is one of Cancun’s biggest draws, so if you’re here for the clubbing you may as well do it properly! Don’t miss Coco Bongo, the resort’s hottest superclub with flying acrobats, bar-top conga lines, costumed performers, huge video screens, foam parties, balloons, special effects…. need we go on?
Natural Water Parks
Spend an all-inclusive day at Xel-Ha Waterpark – a spectacular natural aquarium where you can snorkel, scuba dive and even swim with dolphins in the beautiful Caribbean Sea.
Families and nature lovers alike will also love Xcaret Eco-waterpark, with its butterfly pavilion, sea turtles, botanical gardens, aviary, natural pools, Mayan village, night-time shows and more – there’s definitely something for everyone!
Mystical Mayan History
Cancun was a part of the ancient Mayan civilisation and is still considered the gateway to El Mundo Maya (the Mayan World). The mystical Chichen Itza Ruins – capital of the ancient Mayan civilisation and one of the Seven Modern Wonders of the World – are right on your doorstep and well worth a visit.
Although it’s mainly known as a party destination, there are more than enough things to do in Cancun to keep families and little ones happy!
With pristine white-sand beaches, the crystal Caribbean sea and sizzling temperatures both in and out of the water, Cancun is heaven for beach-lovers - and with loads of beach activities and water sports available, even the most active families won’t get bored.
Cancun – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- The average flight time from London to Cancun is 9h 20min
- Mexican Pesos (though US Dollars are widely accepted in tourist areas)
- The airport which serves Cancun is Cancun International Airport.
- Opening Times:
- Shops and malls are usually open 7 days a week.
- Smaller shops may close for siesta between 2pm – 4pm.
- Average temperatures in Cancun range from a balmy 24°C in January to a tropical 29°C from May to September!
- The sea is generally 26°C and up, so you can swim in warm water pretty much all year round!
- Country code: +52
- Emergency Services Number: 066
- 110 volts
Getting Around in Cancun
- Regular buses operate from Cancun Airport to downtown Cancun.
- To get to the Cancun “Hotel Zone” from downtown, take any bus with ‘R1, ’‘Hoteles’ or ‘Zona Hotelera’ displayed on the windscreen.
- To get a bus to Puerto Juárez and the Isla Mujeres ferries, take the Ruta 13 (‘Pto Juárez’ or ‘Punta Sam’) bus travelling north on Av Tulum. Some R1 buses also take this route.
- Taxis in Cancun don’t use meters, so it’s advisable to agree on a price before getting in.
Cancun is best-known as a party resort on a par with the likes of Ibiza or Las Vegas. An outrageous nightlife scene, sizzling temperatures and gorgeous white beaches make it popular with anyone looking for fun in the sun.
But that’s just one side of this beautiful resort – you’re guaranteed to find plenty of things to do in Cancun even if the nightlife isn’t your thing.
From incredible historical sites (including world wonder Chichen Itza), jungle tours, stunning coral reefs for snorkelling and diving, and more, anyone from backpackers to young families will find more than enough ideas for what to do in Cancun.