Miami - Things to do & Attractions
All Miami Attractions
Displaying 1-6 of 6 results
Top Things to do in Miami
No trip to Miami is complete without whizzing about the Everglades on an Everglades Airboat Adventure in search of its most famous resident – the Florida Alligator! Or if you prefer your wildlife a little less wild, then check out the dolphins, killer whales and marine-life at Miami Seaquarium.
Life’s a beach
With wall-to-wall sunshine, beach life and water sports feature pretty high for visitors and residents alike. Head out into the warm Caribbean waters for a day of Party and Sport Fishing, or join in the Key West and Parasailing excursion for a day spent soaring above the warm, emerald waters of a tropical island.
See all the Sights!
Get a real feel for Miami and its surrounding areas by seeing the sights! See the very best of Miami on a narrated, Hop-On-Hop-Off double-decker open-top bus tour, or cross 42 bridges and hop 32 islands on a Key West Day Trip and explore this beautiful tropical island at your own pace.
Hot, hot, hot nightlife!
The nightlife is sizzling hot in Miami, and no more so than at Mango’s Tropical Café located in world-famous South Beach. Enjoy Mango's Cafe Dinner at a venue which entertains over a million people each year and features one of the longest running "cabaret" shows in the country.
Miami – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- Around 9 hours from London Heathrow.
- US Dollar.
- Miami International Airport. The airport codes is MIA.
- Shop Opening Times:
- Shopping Malls in Miami are generally open 7 days a week with hours from 10am – 10pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 8pm on Sundays.
- Country code: +1
- Area code: 305
- Emergency Services Number from any phone and for all services is 911.
- 110 v/60 hertz
Getting Around in Miami
- The Metromover, which offers equal parts train, monorail and bus travel, is great for combining travelling around in the Downtown area with seeing the sights.
- Amtrak will take you from Miami to almost anywhere else in the continental USA, while Metrorail runs trains on an elevated line from Hialeah through Downtown Miami and south to Kendall/Dadeland on an elevated line every 5 to 15 minutes. Finally, the double-decker commuter trains of Tri-Rail handles the 70 or so miles between Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties with ease.
- There are various bus companies operating in Miami, most within specific, local areas. For getting around and seeing the sights however, you can’t beat a Hop-On-Hop-Off double-decker open-top bus tour. This allows you to jump on or off the bus at any of the stops along the way for the life of your ticket. A great way to get around.
- Travelling by car around Miami is by far the most popular way to get around – whether you use taxis or choose to hire a car during your stay.
- Most of the big car rental companies, along with smaller and local operators, have a base in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. These include the biggies such as Alamo, Budget, Avis, Thrifty etc.
- If you want to hire a car, don’t forget to take your driver’s license. And as with many other countries, you need to be over 25 years of age be able to produce a credit card in your name.
- Genuine taxis are easy to identify in Miami – with either the word "taxicab", "taxi" or "cab" prominently displayed on both sides of the vehicle.
- Taxis have metered and flat rates. Note that you will be responsible for paying any tolls during the trip, and that a 15-20% gratuity is customary (if you are happy with the service).
The list of fun things to do in Miami are endless which, along with gorgeous year-round weather, makes this a destination that everyone – from young families to groups of friends to couples – will love!
Miami’s proximity to the equator means it’s blessed with gloriously hot summers and rarely cold winters, averaging between 7 and 9 hours of sunlight a day – perfect for sun worshippers and making the city a great holiday destination any time of year.
With the white sand and water sports of South Beach, great architecture in the Art Deco district, historic hideaways in Coral Gables, hot night life at both Miami and South Beach, trendy shops in Coconut Grove and more, finding things to do in Miami isn’t the problem – it’s how to fit them all in!
Check out the tips and recommendations above for some great ideas of what to do in Miami to make your holiday the best you’ve ever had!