Ephesus Trip - from Marmaris
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Ephesus Trip - from Marmaris – Intro
Travel from Marmaris to Ephesus, the world’s largest classical archaeological site, and see the house where the Virgin Mary spent her last days, visit the amphitheatre where Julius Caesar spent his evenings, and much more!
Ephesus Trip - from Marmaris – Itinerary
- 6.15 to 7.15am: Pick-up from hotel and breakfast stop.
- 7.15 to 11.05am: Travel to Ephesus.
- 11.05 to 11.30am: Visit Turkish Delight centre.
- 11.30 to 1.05pm: Visit Museum or Virgin Mary House.
- 1.05 to 1.45pm: Lunch.
- 1.45 to 4.05pm: Explore Ephesus.
- 4.05 to 4.30pm: Visit ceramic workshop.
- 4.30 to 8.35pm: Continue return journey and hotel drop off.
Ephesus Trip - from Marmaris – Full Details
You’ll travel from Marmaris to Ephesus, taking a break for breakfast and another to visit a Turkish Delight centre before arriving in Ephesus.
You’ll begin with the opportunity to visit either the house where the Virgin Mary is reputed to have spent her last days or the fascinating Ephesus museum, before taking a break for lunch and heading into the site at Ephesus.
Today one of the most significant open-air museums in the world, the city of Ephesus was once dedicated to the ancient Greek goddess Artemis.
Situated on the west coast of Anatolia in Ionia, Ephesus became an important commercial centre and international port, partly due to its location in a fertile valley.
Stroll along ancient marble streets of Ephesus, where you’ll come across the world’s first road sign, pointing the direction to a brothel!
Relive the days of Julius Caesar who spent many evenings in the Great Amphitheatre at Ephesus, encouraging his gladiators and watching the local thespians at work.
Other sights include the Temple of Hadrian, Roman baths, the Agora, Library of Celsius and the Monumental Fountains.
After a fascinating afternoon, you’ll begin the return journey to Marmaris making a stop at a ceramic workshop along the way, before being dropped off safely at your hotel.
Ephesus Trip - from Marmaris – Key Info
- 1st April to 28th October: Thursdays and Sundays.
- Departure Time:
- Pick-ups between 6.15am and 6.40am.
- Return Time:
- Drop-offs between 8.05pm and 8.20pm.
- Includes round-trip transfers from hotels in Marmaris, Icmeler and Turunc.
IMPORTANT: Please note pickups are not available from the following hotels: Cooks Club Adokoy, TUI Blue Marmaris Hotel, Marmaris Resort and Spa Hotel. You will be directed to your nearest hotel for your pick-up when you call to reconfirm your tour.
- What to Wear:
- It is recommended you wear layered clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Free for children under 7 years of age.
- If you require a child seat on the hotel transfer for an under-7, please ask
- Hotel transfers.
- Entrance fees (including choice of Museum or Virgin Mary House).
- Breakfast and lunch.
- English speaking guide.
- Not Included: