The Golden Circle Tour
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Explore the Golden Circle Classic – Iceland’s best tour!
Voted #1 tour in Iceland by TripAdvisor, the Golden Circle Classic is one not to be missed! Enjoy a day of travelling to some of the country’s most stunning sights and historical landmarks.
What’s even better - you’ll have a professional tour guide by your side!
Here’s what you’ll see on the Golden Circle Classic
- Þingvellir National Park - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Gullfoss glacial waterfall
- The gap where the tectonic plates of Eurasia and North America separated
- The famous Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
Visit the birthplace of the Icelandic parliament
Þingvellir is where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi held its first meeting in 930AD. The same spot has been used for parliament gatherings up until the 20th century!
See the stunning Gullfoss - Iceland’s Golden Waterfall
Did you know that “Gullfoss” literally translates to “Golden Waterfall” in Icelandic? If you’re visiting the Golden Circle on a sunny day, you’ll see that the water looks golden-brown. The unusual colour comes from the millions of sediments from the Earth that has been carried by the glacial water for centuries!
Witness Geysir and Strokkur erupt
You won’t have to wait long to see the famous hot springs erupt – water shoots out ever 6-10 minutes. The geysers are an impressive sight - they usually reach 15-20meters, but sometimes the water reaches up to 40m!
- Culture Vultures
Children under 12 go free, but will need to have a seat reserved on the transport. So if you are bringing any under-12s please let us know by calling us on 0844 873 0070 with your booking reference number.
Due to safety restrictions there must be 2 children per 1 paying adult.
Pick-ups from several Reykjavik hotels and guesthouses have been affected by new restrictions imposed by Reykjavík City Council.
Grayline Iceland's main bus terminal is located at Klettagarðar 4,To view the map, please click here
- Tours depart at 9:30am
- The Golden Circle & Friðheimar departs at 8am
- The Golden Circle and Secret Lagoon departs:
- 8:30 am from 1 March – 14 November
- 9:30 am from 15 November – 29 February.
- You will be picked up from your hotel, guesthouse or designated bus stop around 30 minutes prior to the tour starting
Please allow a full day for this tour.
- Transfers are included from centrally-located Reykjavik hotels
- See full list of hotels included
Unfortunately, this trip is not suitable for people with mobility issues
Expert English-speaking guide
Please dress according to the weather
- Food and drinks are not included, but there will be opportunities for you to purchase food, or you may bring your own.
- There are no toilets on board the coach but plenty of stops will be made where bathroom facilities can be used.
What happens next:
- We’ll email you immediately to confirm that we’ve received your booking.
- Your e-ticket will be sent within 48 hours. Please print your ticket, as you will be required to hand over a copy when you are picked up.
- Please call the number supplied on your e-ticket at least 24 hours before your tour to reconfirm your pick-up time and location.
Visit the link that you'll find in your voucher to download and print off a voucher for Reykjavik Rost.
Located right by the old Harbor, Reykjavik Rost offers a selection of freshly made & grilled sandwiches with a delicious selection of soups. With our exclusive meal deal voucher you can save up to 25% off of your combo meal (Soup + Sandwich + Filter coffee). Delicious!
This best-selling tour of Iceland's most famous landmarks includes a visit to Friðheimar greenhouse. The classic Golden Circle with a sustainable twist!
The tour starts with a visit to Fridheimar greenhouse where we learn about the magical methods of managing pests by using biological controls. We also learn how to grow delicious tomatoes in a eco-friendly way with the aid of geothermal heat which Iceland has in abundance.
After Fridheimar, we stop at Geysir geothermal area. The Stokkur geysir shoots a column of water up to 30 meters (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes in a thrilling display of nature’s forces.
The visit continues with Gullfoss waterfall, created by the Hvítá river, which tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep.
Thingvellir National Park
We also visit the historical and geological wonder that is Thingvellir National Park. Here the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year. Thingvellir is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.