Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
Take a guided tour of William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and see the world's largest exhibition devoted to The Bard and the London in which he lived and worked.
The Globe Theatre Tour
- Your ticket includes a fascinating half-hour tour of the auditorium, where expert guide-storytellers take visitors on a journey through time back to Elizabethan London.
- You’ll also find out more about the Globe’s reconstruction in the 1980s-90s, and how the wooden 'O' works today as an imaginative and experimental theatrical space.
Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition
- Explore the remarkable story of the Globe Theatre at the world's largest exhibition devoted to William Shakespeare, his life and his work.
- Housed beneath the reconstructed theatre, the exhibition is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse from 1599, where Shakespeare wrote many of his greatest plays.
- Shakespeare's world is brought to life before your eyes through interactive displays and live demonstrations, accompanied by a complimentary audio guide.
- Discover how shows were produced in the theatres of Shakespeare's time, from writing and rehearsals to music, dance and performance.
- Experience today's working theatre at Bankside, the Soho of Elizabethan London, and find out about the extravagant Elizabethan costumes.
- Discover the dramatic stories of the first Globe crossing the Thames, and the new Globe being reconstructed on Bankside.
- Visiting with children? Make sure you pick up a copy of the “Family Trail” to fill out as they move through the exhibition. Click here to download the Family Trail
- Culture Vultures
- Theatre Fanatics
Open daily except December 24th & 25th
- Tours run every 30 minutes.
- Please bring your e-ticket to the admission desk at the exhibition and tour entrance, and you will be able to join the next available tour.
- Exhibition Standard Opening Hours 9am – 5pm.
- Globe Theatre Tours Standard Hours 9.30am – 5pm
- The Globe is located at 21 New Globe Walk, Bankside, London, SE1 9DT.
- The closest Tube stations are: Blackfriars, Mansion House London Bridge, Southwark & St Paul's.
- Guided tours of the Globe Theatre take around 30 minutes plus time at the end for questions.
- The Exhibition is self-guided so you can spend as long as you like here! We advise leaving at least an hour to explore.
Audio guides are available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese for the exhibition.
- The Globe is fully wheelchair accessible.
- Commentaries are displayed on panels and interactive touch screens throughout the Exhibition for deaf or hearing impaired people.
- There are recorded commentaries throughout the Exhibition for blind or visually impaired people. Braille panels summarising each section are placed on the walls.
- Hearing dogs are welcome
- Guided tour of the theatre
- Audio Guide for the Exhibition
- Food or drinks
Shakespeare's Globe is best accessed on foot. There are excellent footpaths along the river from Waterloo and from Southwark Bridge. The Millennium Footbridge is 50 metres from the Theatre.
The nearest tube stations are:
- Blackfriars on the District and Circle Lines (10 minute walk)
- Mansion House on the District and Circle Lines (10 minute walk)
- London Bridge on the Northern and Jubilee Lines (15 minute walk)
- Southwark on the Jubilee Line (15 minute walk)
- St Paul's on the Central Line (15 minute walk)
The nearest train stations are:
- Blackfriars (10 minute walk)
- London Bridge (15 minute walk)
- Cannon Street (15 minute walk)
- Waterloo (25 minute walk).
Local bus routes include:
- 45, 63, 100 to Blackfriars Bridge
- 15, 17 to Cannon Street
- 11, 15, 17, 23, 26, 76 to Mansion House
- 381 , RV1 to Southwark Street
- 344 to Southwark Bridge Road