SUMMIT One Vanderbilt
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
SUMMIT One Vanderbilt
New York City’s newest immersive cultural experience, blending elements of art, technology, and entertainment for a visit unlike any other.
Explore three levels of multi-sensory immersive experiences covering over 65,000 sq ft (6,000 sq m) including a wraparound terrace and cafeteria bar with one of the best views in the city.
Your journey at the top of One Vanderbilt starts in Transcendence: part of AIR, a story-driven immersive experience designed by Kenzo Digital, mixing transparency and reflectivity to create the illusion of boundless space. Enjoy a beautiful art installation in Reflect: on display in the most famous art galleries across the world, “CLOUDS” is comprised of stainless-steel cloud-like shapes, designed by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama. Your experience then evolves and becomes interactive and playful in Affinity where you are invited to connect physically to the space by playing with highly reflective orbs floating around the room.
Then it’s time for a thrilling experience at Levitation: the sky boxes allow you to step out from the envelope of the building and stand on transparent glass 1,070 feet (325 meters) above Madison Avenue, with the hustle and bustle of city streets directly beneath you.
In Unity: you are invited to become part of the space itself – your 3D face capture transformed into a cloud in a mesmerizing, infinite cloudscape display on a giant screen. On the last floor of SUMMIT, you’ll find the sky-high lounge and café Après, featuring bespoke light fare and an innovative cocktail program curated by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Events. Après’s offerings can be enjoyed inside the Nordic themed lounge and café or outside on the SUMMIT Terrace. The SUMMIT Terrace wraps around the south and west sides of One Vanderbilt and is the perfect open air viewing spot to take in the incredible views for up to 80 miles while toasting your experience.
Ascent: the most daring can go even higher with Ascent. SUMMIT One Vanderbilt’s all glass elevators will take you from the terrace level up the side of the building to over 1,200 feet (364 meters), nesting at the highest viewing point in Midtown Manhattan.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time. Late arrivals will be accommodated based on availability and subject to a $25 rescheduling fee - you may be asked to wait until the first possible open time slot.
- As SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is a unique space, please note the following attire requirements:
- Wear comfortable shoes. Stiletto heels, steel toe boots, sports cleats and other footwear that can damage mirrored flooring are not permitted.
- Dress appropriately to avoid unwanted exposure on glass and mirrored floors. We recommend wearing pants, shorts or tights when possible.
- If visiting during the day, it's recommended bringing sunglasses
- Food and beverages, including cocktails, are available for purchase onsite at Après.
- SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is so much more than a great view. It's recommended allowing a couple of hours to enjoy all offerings and experiences.
- Complimentary wifi is available throughout SUMMIT.
- Professional photography moments are available through the experiences and are available to purchase at the end of your journey in both print and digital format.
- There is no storage for person items. large bags, large backpacks and luggage are not permitted.
- Culture Vultures
45 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017
The entrance of SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is located on the Main Concourse Level of Manhattan’s Grand Central Terminal, inside Vanderbilt Passage.
Street entrance is located next to TD Bank at 45 East 42nd Street, between Madison and Vanderbilt Avenues. Proceed down the stairs (not the escalators) and turn right.
Hours of operations:
October 21st – December 23rd
- Thursdays: 3pm-10.30pm
- Fridays & Saturdays: 9am – Midnight
- Sundays: 10am-7pm
Does SUMMIT One Vanderbilt have a dress code?
Due to the nature of the attraction and the reflective and transparent flooring, we recommend appropiate undergarments such as wearing pants, shorts, or tights to enjoy the full SUMMIT experience. For guests who may be uncomfortable walking on reflective surfaces, SUMMIT offers a non-reflective privacy path through the space.
What items are prohibited at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
Any weapons, dangerous materials, transportation devices, suitcases, professional A/V equipment, outside food and beverages are prohibited. Only foldable strollers/pushchairs are allowed.