Windsor Castle Tickets & State Apartments
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
About Windsor Castle & State Apartments
Visit the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, and the place where Her Majesty The Queen spends most of her private weekends, with our Windsor Castle tickets!
Discover 900 years of British history at this official royal residence, which is regularly used for State and ceremonial occasions.
Established in the 11th century by William the Conqueror, the castle has been remodelled by various kings and queens throughout the centuries, including Henry II, Charles II and George IV.
Your visit also includes admission to St George’s Chapel, the burial site of 10 monarchs including Henry VIII and Charles I, and one of the most beautiful ecclesiastical buildings in England.
With a royal palace, a magnificent chapel and the homes and workplaces of many people across 26 acres of land, Windsor Castle is an exciting and fascinating day out.
Windsor Castle State Apartments
Your Windsor Castle tickets include access to the magnificent State Apartments, which are furnished with some of the greatest treasures from the Royal Collection.
Among the masterpieces here you’ll see paintings by Holbein, Rubens and Van Dyck and exquisite English and French furniture, as well as the fabulous tiny treasures of Queen Mary's Dolls' House - the most famous dolls' house in the world!
Over winter you’ll also get a glimpse inside the “Semi-State Rooms” - the sumptuous private apartments created by George IV.
- Culture Vultures
Windsor Castle is located in Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1NJ
- The Castle is open daily, except 25-26 December
- Please Note: Opening dates may change at short notice, please check The Royal Collection Trust's website for the latest closing dates before your visit.
- March to October: 10am – 5.15pm (last admission 4pm)
- November to February: 10am – 4.15pm (last admission 3pm)
- Please Note: The Semi-State Rooms are open from September - March, and are not open when the State Apartments are closed.
- Your voucher is not valid on dates when the State Apartments are closed. Please check The Royal Collection Trust's website for these dates before your visit.
- Manual wheelchairs are available to borrow free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis
- Mobility scooters can be used in the precinct areas, and are permitted inside the Castle provided they are compatible with the lifts. The lift to the State Apartments measures 114cm depth x 94cm width, with a weight limit of 500kg.
Multimedia guides are included, available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Mandarin
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 17.
- Children under 5 years receive free entry.
Admission to Windsor Castle
Food and drinks
Important – Security information:
For safety reasons, you may be required to deposit any baggage and other items into the security cloakrooms during your visit.
By Car: Take the M4 to Exit 6 or M3 to Exit 3.
By Train: Services to Windsor are available from London Waterloo or London Paddington
By Coach: Book the Windsor Castle with Transport from London ticket to include round trip transfers from Victoria Coach Station by luxury Mercedes-Benz coach.