Getting to know Dubai Parks & Resorts – A Quick Guide
Discover Dubai Parks and Resorts – the epicentre of Dubai’s theme park fun!
It’s safe to assume that when you think of Dubai, theme parks and thrill rides are not the first thing that comes to mind…at least not yet.
It’s all about to change when you get to know Dubai Parks and Resorts! It’s an awesome theme park hub, set in one convenient Dubai location. Once you’ve been there, you’ll know why Dubai is Florida of the East!
Here’s a quick & easy introduction to Dubai Parks and Resorts:
Dubai Parks and Resorts in Numbers
- 3 theme parks
- 1 water park
- Over 100 rides and attractions
- 50 retail & dining outlets
Top Tip: Dubai Parks and Resorts is only 45 minutes’ drive from both Dubai International Airport and Abu Dhabi International Airport. To make getting there even easier, a FREE shuttle to the parks runs from the Dubai malls and from over 30 Dubai and 3 Abu Dhabi hotels.
Motiongate is the largest Hollywood-inspired theme park in the region. It offers rides based on big screens favourites such as Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and the Hunger Games.
- 5 zones
- 27 rides & attractions
- 13 Hollywood movies
Top Tip: Escape from the heat – the mushrooms at Smurfs Village all have air-conditioning.
Must-do Rides at Motiongate Dubai
- Madagascar Mad Pursuit (Dreamworks) – at a maximum speed of 83 km/h, it’s the fastest ride in the park
- Hunger Games (Lionsgate) – the ONLY Hunger Games attraction in the world
- Hotel Transylvania (Colombia Pictures) – Meet count Dracula, Mavis & friends for a tour of the haunted castle
- Dragon Gliders (Dreamworks) – transport into the world of How to train your Dragon with cutting-edge technology and find out what a dragon-back flight to the Forbidden Island feels like
- Smurfs Village Express (Smurfs Village)- Jump on the first ever Smurf-themed family ride & explore the adorable Smurf Village
Bollywood Parks Dubai
Bollywood Park is a surreal place where the music-filled, action-packed drama of Bollywood comes to life in live performances and immersive attractions.
The park is quite popular with the locals, which makes it the busiest out of the 3 Dubai Parks and Resorts theme parks.
- 5 zones
- 16 rides & attractions
- 1st Broadway-style musical in the region
Fun Fact: There are no roller coasters at Bollywood Parks – only simulated rides.
Must-do Rides at Bollywood Parks Dubai
- Lagaan: The Thrill of Victory – motion-simulator ride which allows you to experience a game of cricket through the eyes of the cricket ball
- Krrish: Hero’s Flight – the floor moves away and you find yourself suspended in the air in this thrilling superhero flight simulator
- Ra-One – see the main character come out of the screen in the form of a 3D hologram and explain to you what’s about to come in this fully-immersive 3D experience
Top Tip: To truly experience the world of Bollywood – watch Jaan-e-Jigar at the Rajmahal Theatre*. Evil queen, two princes separated at birth, battle for the throne and of course – love. The 2-hour musical extravaganza is definitely one not to miss!
*You’ll need a separate ticket for this event.
LEGOLAND Dubai is the perfect park for families with children under 12. Creative LEGO play gets both little (and bigger) kids excited!
- 6 themed lands
- 40 LEGO rides & attractions
- 60 + million bricks
Must-do rides & experiences at LEGOLAND Dubai
- Experience both Driving and Boating School for kids at LEGO City
- See miniature models of the top landmarks in the Middle East at Miniland – an interactive indoor air-conditioned play area for the whole family
- Factory Tour – Find out how LEGO bricks are made and take your own straight from the production line!
- Thrill seeker? The Dragon is a coaster that will get your blood pumping
Top Tip: Dragon is too intense for the kids? Get them on the Dragon’s Apprentice – it has all the thrills of a bigger coaster but in a child-friendly size.
LEGOLAND Water Park Dubai
LEGOLAND Dubai is the only Dubai water park designed specifically for children under 12.
- 20+ water slides & rides for kids
- 1/2 million gallon LEGO wave pool
Must-do Rides at LEGOLAND Water Park Dubai
- LEGO Slide Racers – It’s game on! Challenge your family and friends to a race on this fast-paced multi-slide
- Build-A-Raft-River – here kids make their own LEGO raft and ride it down the river
- Splash Out – 60-foot drop, open body slide – do we need to say more?
Top Tip: Travelling with toddlers? Head down to DUPLO Splash Safari!
Shops, world cuisine and busy entertainment venues all await at the gateway to Dubai Parks and Resorts – Riverland Dubai!
- 4 zones
- 50+ shops & restaurants
- 3 outdoor & 1 indoor venues
Must-know facts about Riverland Dubai
- The Peninsula provides alcohol even during Ramadan
- Fireworks every Friday!
- FREE Shuttle to the parks for when the weather gets too hot
Top Tip: The famous Dubai Malls are just across the road from Riverland Dubai
Want to explore Dubai Parks and Resorts?
If you want to join the 2 million theme park-goers expected to visit Dubai Parks and Resorts by 2020, all you have to do is click the bright green button and get yourself a ticket!
About the author
Aspired to become a sword-wielding, horse-riding warrior but ended up being a travelling word sorceress instead...