Monterey and Carmel Tour
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Monterey and Carmel
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience California’s stunning coastlines and their amazing views first-hand. Book this Monterey and Carmel tour and see for yourself why they’re celebrated the world over!
You’ll spend the morning on a leisurely drive down the coast through Santa Cruz, one of California’s most famous beach and surfing towns.
Travelling south on Highway 1, your camera will never have seen so much action as the spectacular coastal views just keep coming.
First stop is a visit to Steinbeck’s Cannery Row in Monterey. While here you’ll also have the opportunity to visit the incredible Monterey Bay Aquarium (approx 2-3 hours)
A journey down 17 Mile Drive treats you to some of the most stunning scenic views anywhere in the world, and culminates in the charming district of Carmel-by-the-Sea, famed for its galleries, restaurants and shopping.
The return journey of the Monterey Tour will take you through Silicon Valley, known as the high tech capital of the world.
This famed Californian beach town is the perfect place to experience the typical “Cali” lifestyle, let your inner beach bum take over and maybe try your hand at surfing!
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Home to over 250,000 creatures in over 200 spectacular galleries and exhibits. The aquarium includes a walk-through aviary, three-storey kelp forest, penguins, and a million gallon Outer Bay display.
Please Note: entrance to the aquarium is not included in your ticket
In this historic town you’ll find must-see sights including Cannery Row, the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium and Fisherman's Wharf.
17 Mile Drive
One of the most scenic drives anywhere in the world. 17 Mile Drive runs through Del Monte Forest and is home to The Lone Cypress, Seal and Bird Rocks, Fanshell Beach and Point Joe.
A coastal community filled with delightful shops, restaurants and galleries, and more importantly, Clint Eastwood was once the Mayor! (approx 45-60 mins)
The high-tech capital of the world, where many of the world's largest technology corporations are based.
- Tour Type:
- Guided tour by luxury mini-coach.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Departure Location:
- Hotel pickup is available in the Downtown area (Union Square, Financial District, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, Embarcadero and SOMA) but need to be booked in advance.
- Customers must reconfirm the tour with City Sightseeing no later than 24 hrs prior to departure of the reserved tour in order to receive exact pickup time and further details.
- Departure Time:
- Approx. between 7.45am and 9am
- Approximately 11 hours.
- Free hotel pick-up and drop-off for most San Francisco hotels, fully narrated tour, entrance to 17 mile drive.
- Not Included:
- Drivers gratuities, food and beverages.
- A minimum of 6 people is required to operate the tour
- The tour route and some stops may vary due to the weather and traffic conditions
- During special holidays or events, schedules may differ and/or tours may finish earlier than usual. For the most up to date information please enquire locally.
- Vouchers must be redeemed with the driver of the tour or with City Sightseeing - 1331 Columbus Avenue (between Beach Street & North Point Street).
- Children aged 4 and under go free! However if you are bringing a child aged 4 or under, it’s essential that you let us know by calling us on 0844 873 0070 as soon as you’ve made your booking, as all participants must be listed.