Salou - Attractions & Things to do
All Salou Attractions
Displaying 0-0 of 0 results
Top Things to do in Salou for Every Traveller!
Salou Water Parks – the place to be!
When the Spanish sun is at its peak, there’s nothing more refreshing than some splashing fun at the top Salou water parks!
Check out the best of the best in water fun:
Thrilling award-winning rides, shows, coasters and more in 6 exciting themed lands – if you’re staying in Salou a visit to PortAventura is an absolute must!
One of Europe’s most popular theme parks, PortAventura is home to Furious Baco – the fastest rollercoaster in Europe – as well as loads more pulse-pounding rides. Tickets are available from single-day entry up to a full week’s worth of fun, so you can choose whichever suits your holiday best!
Find out how to get the best out of your visit in our Ultimate Guide to PortAventura
PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park
Open throughout the summer, PortAventura’s Caribe Aquatic Park is the perfect place to cool off!
Thrill-seekers will want to head straight for Europe’s highest free-fall slide, while little ones enjoy a Sesame Street pirate adventure and the grown-ups relax in the Caribbean-themed pool.
With a Multi Bump slide, a 6-lane racer and loads more Caribbean-themed attractions, you’ll find more than 50,000m² of water fun at Costa Caribe!
Aquopolis Costa Dorada
Haven’t had enough of the Salou water parks just yet? Well, there are 17 thrilling rides & attractions waiting for you at Aquopolis Waterpark Costa Dorada
Don’t miss out on Ferrari Land!
We can’t talk about things to do in Salou without mentioning Ferrari Land at PortAventura. It’s one of the absolute best attractions in Salou!
Bear in mind, if you want to experience Ferrari Land, you’ll have to book early. Tickets sell out fast!
The main language in Salou is Catalan, but there is also a wide usage of Spanish, English, German and French
The closest airport to Salou is Reus Airport
Flight time from UK:
The average flight time from London to Reus Airport is 2h 10min
- Salou’s establishments are generally open from 9.30am to 1.30pm and 4.30pm to 8pm Monday–Friday.
- Many have the same opening hours on Saturdays and some are open until lunchtime on Sundays. Shopping centres and some of the larger stores remain open during the siesta (lunchtime).
- Temperatures in Salou range from an average of 10°C in January and February, to an average of 24°C in August.
- The sea temperature is at its warmest in August, when the water can reach temperatures of around 26°C.
- Country code: +34
- Emergency Services Number: 112
EU standard, 220 V
Getting Around in Salou
- The local bus service in Salou is called Plana. Their most popular service travels from Cambrils to Tarragona, and there is also a service to the City of Barcelona.
- You can pay the driver for the journey, or buy a top-up travel card from local shops
- To check timetables see the Plana website
- The train station is located in the old town of Salou.
- From here a train will take you to Barcelona City in about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or travelling south, as far as Valencia.
- Train prices are very reasonable, but they stop on running fairly early at night
- To check timetables see the Renfe website
- Taxis are white and can be hailed on the street – if a taxi’s light is green it means they are available.
- There are also several taxi ranks in Salou.
- If you are in a bar or a hotel, the staff will usually be happy to call you a taxi
Just over an hour from Barcelona, Salou is a fabulous destination for anyone searching for a little Spanish sun, sea and sand! This popular family seaside resort is close to Reus International Airport in the Costa Dorada.
One of the most popular attractions in Salou is PortAventura – one of Europe’s most exciting theme parks! And if you fancy cooling off under the hot sun, you’ll find the Costa Caribe Aquatic park right next door.