Sorrento To Pompeii & Vesuvius
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Sorrento To Pompeii & Vesuvius - Intro
If you are visiting Sorrento, don’t miss this must-do tour which takes you to the centuries-old city of Pompeii, forever frozen in time, and formidable Mount Vesuvius - the only active volcano in mainland Europe!
- Travel from Sorrento to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius on this exciting full-day tour.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Pompeii, the city forever frozen in time.
- See the homes of the city’s wealthy Roman inhabitants.
- Visit Mt Vesuvius, the only live volcano in mainland Europe.
- Travel to within 1,000ft of the the top of the volcano.
- Walk to the very summit and look down on the blackened crater.
- Enjoy the spectacular views over the Bay of Naples from the top of Mt Vesuvius.
- This tour is very popular and places go fast, so book now to avoid disappointment!
High on the list of the Wonders of the World, Pompeii holds a fascination for visitors of all ages and from all walks of life, and for good reason.
In 79AD, the people of the wealthy commercial city of Pompeii were beginning their day when nearby volcano Mount Vesuvius erupted, virtually without warning.
The resulting plume of ash and river of lava preserved the city as it was all those centuries ago...
Excavations began at Pompeii in the 18th century, and continue to this day.
During your exceptional guided tour of Pompeii, you’ll walk along the ancient streets lined with baths, villas and forums belonging to the wealthy Romans inhabitants.
You’ll see the many fabulously preserved frescoes which adorned the floors and walls of prestigious villas, and the pottery and coinage with them.
Following your Pompeii tour, you’ll move on to Mount Vesuvius which overlooks the beautiful Bay of Naples.
You’ll travel by coach to within 1,000 metres of the summit of the only active volcano in mainland Europe, from where you can walk to the very top and look down on the blackened crater, a view which offers a stark reminder that this ancient giant is only sleeping.
Please Note: Entrance into Pompeii’s ruins and Vesuvius are not included with your ticket.
- Culture Vultures
Sorrento To Pompeii & Vesuvius – Key Info
Type of Tour:
Day trip from Sorrento.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please Note: Due to closures for renovation work, on occasion some areas may not be available to the public. Your guide will inform you of the exact itinerary during the tour.
Approximately 8 hours.
This tour departs from the Achille Lauro parking area in Sorrento.
You will be escorted by an English-speaking guide.
This tour is unsuitable for persons with motion difficulties and cardiovascular problems.
- Transport from Sorrento to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius.
- Services of a professional guide.
- Guided tour of Pompeii.
- Visit to Mt. Vesuvius.
- The entrance fees to Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius site are not included with your ticket.
- Lunch is not included and is approx €13 per person