Marmaris - Things to do & Attractions
All Marmaris Attractions
Displaying 1-9 of 9 results
Top Things to Do in Marmaris
Perfect for adults and kids alike, the Aqua Dream Water Park is filled with thrilling rides, slides and pools – and with great places to eat, relax and soak up the sun, the whole family can spend a fun-filled day here!
Enjoy a day away from the busy beaches of Marmaris and set sail for Turtle Beach, a natural conservation area where endangered Loggerhead turtles lay their eggs.
Visit Greece for a Day!
Feel like getting away for a day? Take a day trip by high-speed catamaran from Marmaris to Rhodes! You’ll have enough time to explore the cobbled alleys and historical sites of this beautiful island, as well as hunting for bargains in the local shops.
Take a Boat Trip
Set sail on a family-friendly All-Inclusive Boat Trip around Marmaris! With stops at secluded beaches and lovely isolated bays, sun-worshippers can top up their tans while the more adventurous go snorkelling and swimming. Lunch and drinks are included and children under 7 go free - this boat trip really does offer it all!
Marmaris – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- Approximately 4 Hours
- Turkish Lira
- The closest airport is Dalaman
- Opening Times:
- Banks are generally open weekdays 08.30-12.00. In tourist areas 13.30-17.00.
- Shops are generally open Monday - Saturday 09.30-13.00, 14.00-19.00 (with exceptions).
- Temperatures in Marmaris can average between highs of 28°C in July and 10°C in January and February.
- Sea temperatures can range between 25°C in July and 16°C in January and February.
- Country code +90
- Area code: 0252
- Ambulance/Medical: 112
- Fire: 110
- Police: 155
- EU standard, 220 V
Getting Around in Marmaris
- Dolmus Bus
- These “mini-buses” are a frequent (up to every 10 minutes on the most popular routes) and cheap way of getting around in Marmaris.
- Dolmus buses don’t have stops - they can be flagged down anywhere on the street!
- They are usually colour-coded by destination, have their destination shown on the front and fares displayed above the windscreen.
- It is important to agree a fare first when taking a taxi in Marmaris
- Some taxis operate by meter with separate rates for day and night.
- Car Rental
- There are plenty of international and local car rental companies located around Marmaris, from which you can rent basically any type of car or motorbike.
Marmaris may boast great beaches and a vibrant nightlife, but there’s also a culture and history to get your teeth into, so whatever your preference, you won’t be stuck for things to do in Marmaris.
Located on the Mediterranean coast, Marmaris enjoys long summers and soaring temperatures from May to October, making it the perfect destination if you’re looking for sun, sea and sand.
You’ll find plenty of things to do in Marmaris whether you’re a bit of explorer, party animal, culture vulture or simply looking for some quality family time.