Northern Lights Tour with Transfers
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Northern Lights Tour Iceland
An expertly guided Northern Lights tours from Reykjavik, you’ll have your best chance to see Iceland's incredible Northern Lights dance across the night sky. You’ll be whisked away from the bright city lights of Reykjavik and into the remote Icelandic countryside, searching the skies for the Aurora Borealis.
The Northern Lights in Iceland are a natural phenomenon triggered by charged particles from the Sun colliding with the Earth’s atmosphere, high up in the heavens.
Seeing the lights from the ground also requires clear, dark nights, so we’ll need the right weather for a successful Aurora hunt! Experienced Northern Lights guides will read the weather forecast and pick the right places each night.
What do you need to do to see the Northern Lights in Iceland?
After you’ve completed the booking for your Northern Lights Tour, all you need to do is be ready for collection at the designated location for the tour departure, sit back and relax and enjoy the drive out of the city to the chosen places for aurora hunting.
Experienced guides will entertain you with fascinating facts about the Northern Lights and the locations we’re visiting to search for the Northern Lights.
As soon as the Aurora Borealis has been spotted, you can witness this incredible natural phenomenon in eye-catching surroundings, taking as many photos of the Northern Lights as you want!
Staff will be on hand to help you with your camera or smartphone settings if you need advice, but it is recommended familiarising yourself with your equipment before your Northern lights tour.
Why should you book a Reykjavik Northern Lights tour?
Iceland is one of the most beautiful places on Earth to see the Northern Lights, with stunning landscapes just a short drive from the city.
As well as that, Iceland isn’t as built-up as other countries, so it’s much easier to reach secluded areas in complete darkness. That makes a big difference when you’re hunting the Northern Lights!
The Northern Lights tours have over a decade of experience making the most of this magical phenomenon, discovering the best places to watch the skies dance.
So, you prepare for an experience with Iceland's amazing guides you’ll never forget. You’ll never have a better opportunity for seeing the Northern Lights!
- Pamper Yourself
Daily during the winter (November through to March)
Pick-ups from several Reykjavik hotels and guesthouses have been affected by new restrictions imposed by Reykjavík City Council.
- Pick up starts 30 minutes before your selected departure time, the bus can arrive anytime during that time unless stated otherwise.
- You are responsible for being ready and visible in time for your pick up at your designated bus stop or outside your hotel/guesthouse.
- If you miss your pick up, you need to arrive at BSÍ Bus Terminal in time for your departure, at your own cost.
- Drop off is limited due to streets´ closures and restriction on operation of buses in the city centre made by the city of Reykjavík. Therefore drop off may not be directly in front of your hotel / guesthouse but at designated bus stops close by.
Children under 12 go free on this tour. However, we will need to reserve a place for them in the coach, so please contact us on 0844 873 0070 to let us know how many children are travelling.
- Return Hotel Pick ups
- Guided tour
- Local style buffet (no drinks)* Selected Tickets only
- Admission to the Laugarvatn Fontana
- Pick up is up to 30 minutes before departure
Exclusions: any other items not mentioned above
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot.
- We regret to inform you that this tour is not suitable for those passengers with reduce mobility or wheelchair users.
Please do not forget your swimwear and towels; Swim wear can also be rented at the Fontana Wellness at an extra charge.