Side - Attractions & Things to do
All Side Attractions
Displaying 0-0 of 0 results
Our favourite things to do in Side Turkey
Water Fun & Family Time
Looking for a fun-filled day that the whole family can enjoy? Visit Side’s water park Water Planet for rides, slides, a children’s animation pool and fun activity pools that will keep kids of all ages entertained for hours.
Craving a thrill? Why not try white water rafting – it’s an experience you and your family won’t forget in a hurry!
Things to do in Side for Wildlife Lovers
Witness one of the ocean’s most spectacular sights - see dolphins swim and play in their natural environment on a cruise to Dolphin Island. Take a dip yourself – take the chance to go swimming and snorkelling in the sea near Side.
How about a horseback ride in the beautiful Turkish countryside? No experience needed – just love for horses & nature, that’s all!
Explore the historic side of Side
Fancy a day of adventure and exploration? Discover Side by land and water on the Cabrio Bus Safari! Visiting a Roman village, a waterfall, driving over the green canyon and sailing on the green lake, there’s also something for little ones as you stop at an animal park on the ride home!
Day trips to Antalya
Part with Side for a day and visit Antalya – another one of Turkey’s beautiful beach destinations. Go on a bus trip and spend the day exploring the old town of Antalya, or choose an Antalya tour with a Dimcay River cruise included.
Hit the Beach
One of the best things to do in Turkey is simply find a pristine beach, lie down and enjoy the weather. Side in the summer can reach seriously soaring temperatures, so where better to sit back, relax and top up your tan!
In the high season there are also many sporting opportunities like parasailing, water-skiing, diving and boat tours.
Side – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- Average Flight time is 4 hours 30 Minuets
- Turkish Lira
- Opening Times:
- Banks are normally open on weekdays from 8.30am – 12pm. In tourist areas they may also be open in the afternoons.
- Shops are generally open Monday - Saturday 8.30am – 1pm/2pm, and sometimes 2pm – 7pm.
- Temperatures in Side can range between an average of 27°C in July and August and 10°C in January and February.
- Country Code: +90
- Ambulance/Medical: 112
- Fire: 110
- Police: 155
- Tourism Police: (0212) 527 45 03
- EU standard, 220 V
Getting Around Side
- Dolmus Bus
- This mini-bus service is a cheap and easy way of getting around in Side.
- Dolmus buses run along most main roads and past major hotels around Side, as well as one service to downtown Side.
- They do have stops, but can be flagged down anywhere on the street and you can ask the driver to stop anywhere.
- Taxis can be found pretty much everywhere in Side. They run on a meter but you may also be able to agree on a price with the driver beforehand.
- Turkey has a good network of well-maintained roads, and archaeological and historic sites are well signposted so driving around Side and Turkey is pretty easy.
- All of the major international car rental companies, as well as a number of local ones, have offices at airports and around Side.
A former Roman port, the beautiful coastal town of Side is now a mixture of historic site and holiday resort, meaning that anyone from party animals to history buffs will find plenty of things to do in Side to suit their tastes!
With nightclubs and ancient ruins side by side near the stone harbour in the old town centre, and a fabulous beach that’s also an archaeological site, Side is the perfect holiday destination for a relaxing beach holiday, romantic getaway or a family holiday.