Antalya - Things to do & Attractions
All Antalya Attractions
Displaying 0-0 of 0 results
Top Things to do in Antalya
Relax and Enjoy
Fancy a little pampering? Why not experience a a real Turkish delight – a genuine Turkish bath, including a typical Turkish massage and pampering treatments.
Go on Safari!
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to explore the real Turkey, take the family on a Jeep Safari heading off the beaten track into the Taurus Mountains! This is a great adventure, visiting places that are inaccessible to larger vehicles, and a fun way to see what’s beyond the tourist towns!
Kids of all ages will love the chance to take a Boat Trip to explore Rat island, Duden Waterfalls and Akyarlar beach and more amazing places around Antalya.
Visit the “Cotton Castle”
Don’t miss the chance to explore the dazzling white fairyland of stalactite ‘cotton castles’ at Pamukkale, a World Heritage Site where the city of Hierapolis was constructed in the 2nd century BC. You’ll also have the opportunity to swim in thermal pools which have been used since Roman times.
Antalya – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- Average flight time is 4 hours 30 mins
- Turkish Lira
- Antalya Airport
- Opening Times:
- Banks are normally open on weekdays from 8.30am – 12pm. In tourist areas they may also be open in the afternoons.
- Shops are generally open Monday - Saturday 8.30am – 1pm and 2pm – 7pm.
- Temperatures in Antalya can range between an average of 27°C in July and August to 10°C in January.
- Country Code: +90
- Area Code: (0) 242
- Ambulance/Medical: 112
- Fire: 110
- Police: 155
- Tourism Police: (0212) 527 45 03
- EU standard, 220 V
Getting Around Antalya
- Dolmus Bus
- This “mini-bus” service is probably the simplest and cheapest way to get around in Antalya.
- Dolmus buses don’t have stops - they can be flagged down anywhere on the street!
- Antalya also has ordinary city buses, but they are more expensive and stop only at designated stops.
- Taxis in Antalya are reliable and relatively inexpensive so are also a very good way of getting around.
- Please bear in mind that rates may be more expensive between midnight and 6am however.
- There are plenty of international and local car rental companies located around Antalya, and car hire is a great way to explore the city and beyond at your own pace.
Located on the south-west Mediterranean coast of Turkey, Antalya is the biggest international sea resort in the country.
Wondering what to do in Antalya? As it was ranked the 3rd most-visited city in the world in 2012 there’s no doubt that people of all ages and interests, from explorers to sun worshippers, culture vultures to young families, will find a whole variety of great things to do in Antalya.