Lagos, Sagres & Cape St Vicente Tour
Follow in the footsteps of some of Europe’s greatest explorers on this fascinating half-day tour. Discover the city of Lagos, home of the ‘Portuguese Discoveries’, visit Sagres and explore the famous Cape St. Vincent - the south-western most point in Portugal - and much more!
- Explore Lagos, home of the ‘Portuguese Discoveries’.
- Visit the Antonine Museum, which is located within the Golden Chapel of St. Anthony.
- See the beautiful bay at Ponta Da Piedade and stop in the fishing village of Sagres.
- Visit the lighthouse at Cape St. Vincent on the south-western most point of Portugal.
- Includes round-trip hotel transfers from centrally-located hotels in the following resorts: Praia da Luz, Lagos, Alvor, Praia Rocha, Carvoeiro, Armacao Pera, Praia Gale, Albufeira, Olhos d’agua, Vilamoura, Quarteira, Vale Lobo and Quinta Lago.
Visit two of the Algarve’s most interesting and significant cities in the space of half a day!
The first stop on this tour is Lagos, home to the ‘Portuguese Discoveries’. It’s from here that expeditions first set sail to chart Africa and India in the 14th and 15th centuries.
Find out more about this historic location on a visit to the Antonine Museum, which is located within the Golden Chapel of St. Anthony.
While in Lagos you’ll also see the slave market and the statue of ‘Prince Henry the Navigator’ who sponsored many of the expeditions.
Next you’ll travel to Ponta Da Piedade to enjoy the spectacular views of the bay, before continuing to the beautiful fishing village of Sagres.
From here you can visit the lighthouse at Cape St. Vincent, which is the south-western most point of Portugal.
Please Note: Shoulders and knees must be covered when entering religious buildings.
- Culture Vultures
Lagos, Sagres & Cape St Vicente Tour - Half Day – Key Info
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Departure Time:
- Pick-up times will be confirmed once you’ve made your booking.
- Please allow half a day for this tour.
- Hotel Transfers:
- Pick-up is available from centrally-located hotels in the following resorts: Praia da Luz, Lagos, Alvor, Praia Rocha, Carvoeiro, Armacao Pera, Praia Gale, Albufeira, Olhos d’agua, Vilamoura, Quarteira, Vale Lobo and Quinta Lago.
- Transport, English-speaking guide and hotel transfers.
- Not Included:
- Entrance fees to some venues are not included with your ticket and may incur an additional charge.