Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Discover the bleak history of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp just outside Berlin on this full-day walking tour.
Your expert guide will provide a fascinating insight on life as a prisoner - and how some were able to survive - using real witness accounts and historical research.
The Story of Sachsenhausen
- Learn the harrowing story of the tens of thousands of people who perished here at the hands of the Nazis
- Find out how Sachsenhausen became the headquarters of the concentration camp system, and training ground of the SS.
- Once the Nazis were defeated it was used by the Soviets as a camp for their own enemies, and thousands more lives were lost here.
- Visit the barracks where many Jewish prisoners were sent to the camp and learn how the conditions became even worse in 1939.
- Hear details of the excruciating medical experiments that some prisoners were subjected to
- See the tunnel dug by British POW “Jimmy” James and others in their attempt to escape.
- November – March 2019: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays - Sundays
- April - 13 October: Daily
- 14 October - March: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Tour Start Time:
Please allow approx. 6 hours for this tour
Neue Promenade 3, 10178 Berlin (In front of STARBUCKS)
- This tour will in parts make use of Public Transportation the costs of which are not inclusive. Please bring along a valid AB public transport ticket (approx. €7 per person for a day pass, prices are subject to change).
- Children 0 - 12 years old go FREE!