We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Sineu Market – Intro
Take a day trip to the charming market town of Sineu, the oldest and most traditional market on the island of Majorca.
Sineu Market – Full Details
Get a glimpse into the real, traditional side of Majorca on a visit to the market at Sineu (pronounced Sin a you).
This quaint agricultural hilltop town comes alive every Wednesday for market day. The streets throng with visitors that come to buy, see, breathe and experience one of Majorca's most diverse markets.
Sineu market has been going the 14th century, making it Majorca’s oldest market.
This ticket includes hotel transfers from various resorts around the island. You will be collected from your hotel or from a centrally-located pick-up point
Depending on whether you’re staying in the Northern or Eastern part of Majorca, you’ll take a slightly different experience following your visit to the market:
From Northern Resorts:
After leaving Sineu Market you’ll visit the spectacular, eerie Caves of Drach, one of the most beautiful and popular attractions in Majorca.
Here you’ll see stalactites and stalagmites which have formed over hundreds and thousands of years.
Enjoy a short classical concert on a beautifully lit underground Lake Marte.
You’ll also make a short stop at the Majorca pearl factory and olive wood factory
Spend some free time exploring Porto Cristo before the journey back to your resort.
From Eastern Resorts:
After leaving Sineu Market you’ll head to Majorca’s Pollensa District, famous for being home to many famous impressionist painters including H. Anglada Camarassa or Tito Cittadini.
From the Port of Pollenca your next stop is the famous Formentor Beach, with its clear waters and soft white sands.
Here you’ll enjoy a half-hour boat trip between Formentor Beach and the Port of Pollensa (weather permitting) before heading back to your resort.
- Culture Vultures
Sineu Market – Key Info
- Wednesdays from April to October.
- Pick-up Times:
- You will be picked up at approx. 8.30am.
- Please ensure that you are at your hotel lobby or pick-up point at least 15 minutes prior to pick-up.
- You will be picked up from your hotel or a close centrally-located meeting point. You will be advised of this when you call to re-confirm once in-resort
- Please allow a full day (approx. 8-9 hours)
- Please note that this activity may not be suitable for those with mobility problems as you will be required to ascend and descend a lot of stairs
- From Northern Resorts:
- Visit to the Caves of Drach
- Majorca pearl factory and olive wood factory
- Free time in Porto Cristo
- Visit to the Pollensa District
- Formentor Beach
- Boat trip between Formentor Beach and the Port of Pollensa (weather permitting)
- Not Included:
- Food and drinks.
- Please ensure that you select the correct ticket for the resort you are staying in