Total Yosemite Tour + Optional Alcatraz
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
The Total Yosemite Tour
Incredible scenery, breath-taking natural beauty and a wonderful array of wildlife – a tour of Yosemite National Park should be right at the top of your California itinerary!
This Yosemite day trip includes hotel pick-up from San Francisco’s Downtown and Fisherman`s Wharf areas, so you can forget the stresses of driving and just enjoy the views.
An early start means you’ll get to maximise your time spent at this famous national park – in fact, this is the only tour that spends at least 5 hours in Yosemite!
Some of the park’s famous sights that you’ll get to experience include:
- El Capitan: the mighty granite monolith that’s one of the world's favourite challenges for rock climbers
- Half Dome: One of Yosemite’s most famous views – and amazing for photographs as the sun hits it!
- Bridalveil Fall: One of the most prominent waterfalls in the Yosemite Valley
- Yosemite Falls: The highest waterfall in Yosemite National Park
- Inspiration Point (aka Tunnel View): The best place to get photographs of Yosemite Valley
- And unlike many Yosemite tours, you’ll venture to a lesser-travelled part of the park for a “Tree Walk” in the Evergreen Forest (weather permitting)* to enjoy Yosemite’s stunning scenery from a higher altitude.
Total Yosemite Tour Plus Alcatraz
This 2-day combination ticket of Yosemite National Park and Alcatraz is a great way to get the most out of your time in San Francisco!
On one day you’ll visit Yosemite National Park, where you will spend at least 5 hours! By having a relatively smaller number of guests on each tour, it gives you the best chance of learning about the park and enjoying its breathtaking landscapes.
The other day takes you to Alcatraz Island a.k.a. ''The Rock'' which is San Francisco's most famous attraction. Alcatraz tickets sell out fast so it is recommended to make your reservations early!
Your Alcatraz Island tickets include a short ferry service from the centrally located Pier 33 Embarcadero Street in the heart of San Francisco.
Also included are the award-winning audio walking tour of Alcatraz Island and the cell-block tour, which features recorded interviews with inmates and guards who actually lived on Alcatraz.
The full tour takes around 2-2½ hours, after which you can take a ferry back at your leisure.
*The Tree Walk is dependent on snow levels and trail conditions, especially from October to May. At times when it is not possible, more time will be allocated to other sights.
- Nature Lovers
Daily, all year round except Christmas Day and certain holidays
Pick-up Location Yosemite National Park Tour:
- Return transport is included from most hotels in the Downtown and Fisherman`s Wharf areas and Livermore Extended Stay America Hotel for your Yosemite National Park Tour.
- If your hotel is not within the specified pick-up area, you will be provided with a pick-up location closest to you.
Departure Location Alcatraz:
- You must make your own way down to Alcatraz Landing located at Pier 33, Embarcadero Street . Please ensure you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time at the Will Call Booth to redeem your voucher
- Pick-up times for Yosemite National Park Tour will be around 6am-7am depending on your hotel location. You will be returned to your hotel around 9.30pm-10pm.
- Your Alcatraz visit including Ferry Times will be confirmed once you book which is when we will laise with our partners in San Francisco.
- Please allow a full day for this tour, including travel to and from Yosemite. You’ll spend approx. 5-6 hours inside Yosemite National Park
- Once you catch your Ferry to Alcatraz Island you will spend approximately 2 - 2.5hrs on your Alcatraz Tour. You can then catch a Ferry back at your leisure.
You’ll be accompanied by an English-speaking expert guide on our Yosemite Tour.
What to Wear:
- Comfortable, sturdy shoes or boots are essential as there is a lot of walking involved.
- In winter we recommend that you wear layered warm clothing.
- Unfortunately, neither tour options are suitable for those with mobility difficulties.
- The Yosemite Tree Hike includes 1 mile of paved trail with a 400ft incline, so a degree of physical health is required
Food and drinks (however there will be stops where food and drinks can be purchased on your Yosemite Tour)
IMPORTANT – Child Safety Seats:
- Californian Law requires all children under the age of 8 to have a car safety seat on this tour
- It will be the responsibility of the parent to arrange or provide a car safety seat for their child(ren). Failure to provide a will result in the forfeit of that seat and no refund can be given.
- Local seat rental companies such as Baby’s Away are available. Prices are approximately £6-10 per child seat
- Children under the age of 8 who are taller than 4`9” may use a seat belt and do not need a safety seat.
- Please contact us if you require any further information.
IMPORTANT – Tree Walk:
The Tree Walk is dependent on snow levels and trail conditions, especially from October to May. At times when it is not possible, more time will be allocated to other sights. Please note that no refunds can be offered
IMPORTANT – Alcatraz:
From 1st August 2015 ALCATRAZ implemented a new policy whereby they now require ALL Passenger names on each booking. This includes children from 5-17 years of age. Please ensure you offer us this information. (If your name has not been listed on the booking, you will not gain entry!)
You will need to bring a valid photo ID for EACH passenger on the Alcatraz booking. Photo ID will be checked of all adult guests, 18 years of age or older. The names on the photo IDs must match the names on the booking.
Visitors unable to make the climb around Alcatraz can use SEAT (Sustainable Easy Access Transport), an electric shuttle that transports visitors from the docks to the prison. There is a regular schedule each day. Families with small children and strollers CANNOT use SEAT. Seating is available on a first come first serve basis. The following areas are wheelchair accessible: Alcatraz Dock area, Prison Building Main Floor, all Bookstores, Museum Displays and the Island Theater
Important Information Total Yosemite Tour with Alcatraz:
Please note that due to availability, the order of the tours are subject to change.