Connemara Day Tour
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Connemara Day Tour
Want to get out of the city and explore the wild, rugged side of the Emerald Isle?
This Connemara day tour from Dublin takes you on an adventure to Ireland's west coast and back in the space of a day!
Leave Dublin behind for the day and head for the barren landscapes, beautiful lakes and the fresh air of Connemara - often referred to as Ireland’s last unspoilt area.
And there’s so much more to this place than the incredible views – you’ll also discover the fascinating history, wildlife, plants and geology of the area.
Your guide is a local expert, and will make sure you really enjoy your day by keeping you informed and entertained with stories and facts about the areas you visit.
Highlights of the Tour:
- An early start departing at 6.50am to make the most of your day in Connemara!
- Head into Connemara National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty and unspoilt panoramic views.
- Keep a look-out for the famous bridge that’s featured in John Wayne's 'The Quiet Man'!
- Discover the hidden gem of Maam Cross, an enchanting place with picture perfect views of lakes, hills and more.
- Learn some Irish! This area is a gaeltacht area, which means that Irish is still the first language, so make sure you ask your guide to teach you a few words.
- Take in the dramatic Twelve Bens and Maumturk mountain ranges on one side and the wild Atlantic Ocean on the other as you travel to the village of Recess
- Visit Killary Fjord – Ireland’s only Fjord with views of the west coast’s highest mountain range and mussel beds in the harbour – don’t forget your camera for these fabulous views!
- Summer (April - October): Take a 1½ hour boat cruise around Killary harbour and the Fjord
- Winter (November - March): Visit the Killary Sheep Farm for a sheepdog demonstration and discover how the workers cope with the barren land by cutting the turf - maybe even try it out yourself!
- Drive through Inagh Valley.
- Stunning photo opportunities at Kylemore Abbey, one of Ireland’s most distinctive buildings, which looks out over the northern shore of Lough Pollacapall.
- Head to the Glengowla silver and lead mines.
Breaks are included on the outward and return journeys to grab some refreshments and use the bathrooms
Lunch is not included – you are welcome to bring your own, or pick up something to eat at Kylemore Abbey.
- Nature Lovers
Connemara Day Tour - Key Info
Please allow a full day for this tour (approx. 13 hours)
- Your tour departs from Suffolk Street by the Molly Malone statue in Dublin City Centre.
- The tour departs at 6.50am and arrives back to Dublin at around 7pm.
- Please ensure that you arrive at the departure point at least 15 minutes prior to departure time.
Available daily, all year round (except Christmas day)
You will be escorted by an expert professional tour guide
What to Wear:
This tour involves walking, so suitable footwear is recommended
Unfortunately there is no disabled access on this tour
- Transport from Dublin to Connemara
- Guided tour of Connemara National Park
This ticket does not include food, drinks or hotel pick-up.
Once you have arrived in Ireland, please call the number provided on your e-ticket at least 48 hours before your tour, to confirm your place and departure time.